To have a WordPress Website with high rankings in Google search engines, optimized Core Web Vitals, and faster is the desire of all of us.
Today in this article, I will suggest a list of the best WordPress SEO Plugins that will help your website achieve high rankings in search engines.
Recently, Google took Core Web Vitals to evaluate the user experience of your website. So, in the top list of the best WordPress SEO Plugins, there will also be Speed Plugins.
Rank Math SEO Plugin won Yoast Plugin to top the list of Best WordPress SEO Plugins of 2021 with over 930,000 happy Users.
Rank Math is a Search Engine Optimization plugin for WordPress that makes it easy for anyone to optimize their content with built-in suggestions based on widely-accepted best practices.
Easily customize important SEO settings, control which pages are indexable, and how you want your website to appear in search with Structured data. ( rankmath.com)
On Facebook groups, Rank Math SEO Plugin has ranked the #1 WordPress SEO Plugins. Most major bloggers have moved to Rank Math, and you should too.
1.1 Rank Math’s main features
- Easy to follow Setup Wizard
- Clean, & Simple User Interface
- Built-In Advanced SEO Analytics Module
- Google Analytics Integration
- Rank Tracker
- Keep an Eye on Position History
- Ranking Keywords for Posts
- The Most Advanced Schema Generator
- Import Schema Markup from Other Websites
- Schema Markup Validation
- Custom Schema Builder
- Schema Templates with Display Conditions
- Article Schema
- Product Schema
- Recipe Schema
- Events Schema
- Video Schema
- Local Business Schema
- FAQ Schema Block
- HowTo Schema Block
- Add Knowledge Graph Meta Data
- Keyword Comparison & Google Trends Tool
- XML Sitemap
- News Sitemap for Submitting Websites on Google News
- Video Sitemap For Video Websites
- Automated Image SEO
- Advanced Image SEO Module
- Local SEO Optimization
- Multiplace Local Business Locations
- Shortcode for Displaying Contact Information
- Advanced Block to Show Local Business Info
- WooCommerce SEO PRO
- Complete Easy Digital Downloads SEO
- Focus Keyword and Content Analysis
- SEO Analysis Tool Based on 40 Factors
- Advanced Bulk Edit Options
- Quick Edit SEO Details
- Top 5 Winning/Losing Posts
- Top 5 Winning/Losing Keywords
- SEO Overview of Site Content
- Badge System for Single Posts & Pages
- Single Post SEO Reports
- Client Management for Business Owners
- Track Page Speed of Single Posts & Pages
- Default OpenGraph Thumbnail
- Add Watermark to Social Media Images
- Facebook Automatic Open Graph
- Add Icon Overlay to Thumbnail For FB, Twitter & G+
- Default Share Image
- Twitter Meta Cards
Rank Math is alo All in One SEO, so you don’t need to use additional Plugins as: Yoast SEO, Ghost Built-in SEo Engine, SEO press, All in Ome SEO, Slim SEO, SEO Framework. This makes your website much faster.
Really Simple SSL Plugin automatically detects your settings and configures your website to run over HTTPS ( to HTTPS).
- The Mixed Content Scan & Fixer. Know which files are still requested over HTTP and how to fix it.
- Enable HTTP Strict Transport Security
- Configure your site for the HSTS preload list
- Advanced Security Headers to Improve Security, e.g., Content Security Policy, Permissions Policy, and more.
- Mixed Content Fixer for your Admin Area
- Detailed Feedback and Active Support on your Security Dashboard
- Premium Support
When moving your WordPress site to a new domain or server, you will likely run into a need to run a search/replace on the database for everything to work correctly.
For Example: Search/replace www to non-www or http to https.
- Serialization support for all tables
- The ability to select specific tables
- The ability to run a “dry run” to see how many fields will be updated
- No server requirements aside from a running installation of WordPress
- WordPress Multisite support
4. WP Rocket
lazy loading photos/videos/iframes, database cleanup, integration with Cloudflare + other CDNs, local Google Fonts and Analytics, Sucuri integration, etc.
- Page Caching
- Cach Preloading
- Browser Caching
- GZIP Compression
- eCommerce Optimization
- Excellent Compatibility
WP Rocket is worth $49 for the first year. You will receive a 10% discount for your first registration. After 1 year you will get 50% off and it costs only $24.5/year from the 2nd year. You can check out my WP Rocket guide for setup instructions.
Most of the people who use Oxygen Builder to build their sites use SEOPress Plugin because of its compatibility. So Rank Math Plugin is still the #1 SEO Plugin except in Oxygen-related Posts.
SEOPress has 2 versions: Free and Pro paid.
5.1 Main features with SEOPress free version
- Installation wizard
- Titles & metas
- XML Sitemap
- HTML Sitemap
- Google Knowledge Graph
- Open Graph
- Twitter Card
- Content Analysis
- Google Analytics (GDPR ready)
- Matomo Cloud (GDPR ready)
- Google Tag Manager (GDPR ready)
- Import / Export settings
- Import Yoast SEO / All In One / Rank Math / SEO Framework / SEO Ultimate / WP Meta SEO / Squirrly post and terms metadata
- Redirect attachments to post parent or file URL
- No ads
- No footprints
- No anonymous data collection
- White label via hooks
- Intuitive interface
5.2 Main features with SEOPress paid version
- Import SEO metadata from a CSV file
- Export SEO metadata to a CSV file
- Import Redirects from a CSV file
- Google XML Video Sitemap
- Google Structured Data Types
- Custom schemas (manual or automatic with advanced conditions)
- Google Local Business
- Google Suggest
- Dublin Core
- Redirections 301
- Google Analytics Stats in Dashboard
- Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce
- Google Page Speed
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Google News Sitemap
- 404 monitoring
- SEOPress BOT (broken link checker)
- Manage default WordPress RSS
- URL Rewriting
- White Label from WP admin
WordPress Schema Plugin is automatically markup your Website easily. Creating a schema markup is no longer a task! With WordPress Schema Plugin you can set up a markup in minutes.
Easy Table of Contents Plugin is a user-friendly, featured-focused plugin that allows you to insert a table of contents into your posts, pages, and custom post types.
7.1 Features of ” Easy Table of Contents” WordPress Plugin
- Automatically generate a table of contents for your posts, pages, and custom post types by parsing its contents for headers.
- Supports the <!–nextpage–> tag.
- Supports the Rank Math plugin.
- Works with the Classic Editor, Gutenberg, Divi, Elementor, WPBakery Page Builder, and Visual Composer page editors.
- Optionally enable for pages and/or posts. Custom post types are supported, as long as their content is output with the the_content() template tag.
- Optionally auto-insert the table of contents into the page, selectable by enabled post type.
- Provides many easy-to-understand options to configure when and where to insert the table of contents.
- Many options are available to configure how the inserted table of contents appears which include several built-in themes. If the supplied themes do no meet your needs, you can create your own by choosing your own colors for the border, background, and link color.
- Multiple counter bullet formats to choose from; none, decimal, numeric and roman.
- Choose to display the table of contents hierarchical or not. This means headings of lower priority will be nested under headings of higher priority.
- Users can optionally hide the table of contents. You have full control of this feature. It can be disabled and you can choose to have it hidden by default.
- Supports smooth scrolling.
- Selectively enable or disable the table of contents on a post-by-post basis.
- Choose which headings are used to generate the table of contents. This too can be set on a post-by-post basis.
- Easily exclude headers globally and on a post-by-post basis.
If you rather not insert the table of contents in the post content, you can use the supplied widget and place the table of contents in your theme’s sidebar.
- The widgets support being affixed or stuck on the page so it is always visible as you scroll down the page. NOTE: this is an advanced option since every theme is different, you might need support from your theme developer to learn the correct item selector to use in the settings to enable this feature.
- The widget auto highlights the sections currently visible on the page. The highlight color is configurable.
- The developer is friendly with many action hooks and filters available. More can be added by request on Github. Pull requests are welcomed.
Structured Content added flexible content boxes with JSON-LD microdata output according to schema.org e.g. FAQPage or JobPosting.
So if you don’t use paid Plugins like Rank Math or Schema or SEOPress Plugin, then Strutured Content Plugin is a great alternative.
Awesome, this plugin will automatically generate ALT text for images. It automatically takes the image title or caption of the image to ALT text. So you don’t have to waste time typing names for ALT text anymore. All you need to do is just remember to label your image file name before uploading them to WordPress.
Site Kit is the official WordPress plugin from Google for insights about how people find and use your site. Site Kit is the one-stop solution to deploy, manage, and get insights from critical Google tools to make the site successful on the web. It provides authoritative, up-to-date insights from multiple Google products directly on the WordPress dashboard for easy access, all for free.
Site Kit includes powerful features that make using these Google products seamless and flexible:
- Easy-to-understand stats directly on your WordPress dashboard
- Official stats from multiple Google tools, all in one dashboard
- Quick setup for multiple Google tools without having to edit the source code of your site
- Metrics for your entire site and for individual posts
- Easy-to-manage, granular permissions across WordPress and different Google products
Broker Link Checker Plugin helps you to manage internal and external links and detect broken links. This plugin helps you to fix or remove bad links to improve SEO, user experience, and Core Web Vitals optimization.
Warning: After you fix or delete the bad Links, you should delete this Plugin because it keeps running and makes your Website slow.
- Monitors external links and internal links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
You do not need to have an existing Page or Post set up add one. You just need to put the request URL and the destination URL, then this Plugin will automatically redirect it. This plugin has two redirect functionalities – “Quick Redirects” and “Individual Redirects”:
You just need to install and activate then go to Quick Redirects: Enter the Old URL and the NEW URL.
ShortPixel Image Optimizer Plugin helps you to compress images or PDF documents on your website.
Both lossy and lossless image compression are available for the most common image types (JPG, PNG, GIF, WebP and AVIF) plus PDF files.
We also offer glossy JPEG compression which is a very high quality lossy optimization algorithm. Specially designed for photographers!
Optimized images mean better user experience – Core Web Vitals, better PageSpeed Insights or GTmetrix results, better Google PageRank and more visitors.
Asset CleanUp Plugin scans your page and detects all the assets that are loaded. All you have to do when editing a page/post is just to select the CSS/JS that are not necessary to load, this way reducing the bloat.
The plugin works best in combination with a cache plugin (e.g. WP Rocket, WP Fastest Cache, W3 Total Cache), a hosting company that offers packages with server-level caching available (e.g. WP Engine, Kinsta) or a service like Cloudflare that has page caching enabled.
- Faster and Lighter WordPress Site
- Fewer HTTP Requests
- Increased SEO Ranking
- More Vistor retention
Speed is a ranking factor for Google search. Since Core Web Vitals is used by Google to evaluate user experience, website loading speed is the most important factor determining rankings on Google’s search engine.
- WP Rocket – #1 cache plugin in most Facebook polls. Comes with heartbeat control, lazy loading, database cleanup, and hosting fonts + analytics locally. This means you don’t need to install these extra plugins if using WP Rocket.
- WP Fastest Cache – #1 free cache plugin in most polls. Also easy to configure, has options for Cloudflare + other CDNs, but lacks features from WP Rocket.
- WP-Optimize – cleans your database of spam, trash, and other junk files.
- Heartbeat Control – disables the WordPress heartbeat API which consumes resources by sending real-time notifications, when uses are editing a post, etc.
- Lazy Load – delays loading photos until users scroll down and see them (improves load times but constantly loading photos as you scroll is annoying).
- WP YouTube Lyte – delays loading videos/iframes until users scroll down and see them. Videos take a long time to load – this can shave many seconds off.
- CDN Enabler – helps set up your content delivery network (I use StackPath).
- CAOS (Host Google Analytics Locally) – fixes the “leverage browser caching” issues in GTmetrix by hosting your Google Analytics tracking code locally.
- OMGF – hosts fonts locally and fixes Google Font errors in GTmetrix + Pingdom by downloading your Google Fonts and creating a stylesheet for it.
- ShortPixel / Imagify / Smush – image optimization (lossless compression, resize images, remove EXIF data). All these are similar – you only need one.
- GTmetrix for WordPress – keep track of load times and set email alerts.
- Display PHP Version – shows which PHP version you’re running (should be at least 7) which has a huge speed impact. You can upgrade in your host’s cPanel.
- Query Monitor – see slowest plugins, queries, etc (good replacement for P3).
- WP Hosting Performance Check – tells you if your server is slow and whether your speed technology (PHP, MySQL, WordPress versions) need updating.
- Autoptimize – if you’re using GoDaddy, WP Engine, or other hosts who blacklist caching plugins, this plugin still gives you the benefits of optimizing
According to the announcement from Yoast BV, the Yoast Premium Plugin versions are great. But in fact those features are very common, you can find in Rank Math Plugin free version.
The Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin allows you to See a glimpse of your Google Analytics directly in WordPress.
The integration is super simple and does not require the help of a developer to set up the integration.
Once you integrate Google Analytics in WordPress using Analytify, you will be able to view the dashboard both at the front end and the backend.
- Campaigns Statistics
- Events Tracking
- Google AMP
- Google Optimize
- Forms Tracking
- Custom Dimensions
- Use ShortCodes in Widgets
- Google Analytics Stats (Full) under the single posts,pages & Custom Post Types as a block in wp-admin
- ShortCodes (Simple and Advanced) for Custom Statistics of your own choice
Spammers leave Links or Keywords in the comments section of your site. Their purpose is to drive traffic to their site to boost their SEO. So, if your site has too many spam comments, it will cause your site to lose rankings on Google’s search engine.
Titan includes anti-spam, firewall, malware scanner, site accessibility checking, security and threats audits for WordPress websites. Our security functions provide Titan with the latest firewall rules, malware signatures, and database of malicious IP addresses – all you need to ensure the security of your website.
WP Google My Business Auto Publish lets you publish posts, custom posts and pages automatically from WordPress to your Google My Business page. Posts can be scheduled as well!
Posting updates your Google My Business page has becoming increasingly important in Google’s 2018 local search ranking factors. This plugin publishes your WordPress content directly to your Google My Business Page. It’s still in the early stages, but has terrific reviews.
If you’re using a StudioPress theme or Genesis Framework (which I recommend), you need to be using StudioPress plugins. These are on my list because they are lightweight, reliable, and will keep your load time (and chances of errors) to a minimal, making your site run smoothly.
Below is a list of WordPress plugins that they have developed:
- AgentPress Listings
- Genesis Author Pro
- Genesis Beta Tester
- Genesis Connect for WooCommerce
- Genesis Responsive Slider
- Genesis Simple Edits
- Genesis Simple Hooks
- Genesis Simple Menus
- Genesis Simple Share
- Genesis Simple Sidebars
- Genesis Tabs
- SEO Data Transporter
- Simple Social Icons
- Simple URLs
- Social Profiles Widget
21. What is the best free WordPress SEO plugin?
Rank Math and Yoast are the best free SEO plugins to help you optimize your content based on keywords. They also create an XML sitemap automatically, help you set up Google Search Console, and customize which content is indexed in search engines.
23. Did I Miss Any Good SEO Plugins?
I hope this list was helpful! If you have questions about any of these WordPress SEO plugins feel free to drop me a line in the comments and I’ll be glad to help you out. Remember, I have lots of tutorials on Yoast, WordPress speed optimization, and other SEO-related tutorials. If you have a question about those, please leave a comment on that specific tutorial. Finally, if you enjoyed this post, please share it with a friend who might like it too – I’d appreciate that.