There are 20+ WordPress Speed Optimization Plugins To Improve Core Web Vitals: CLS, FID, and LCP, and Today, I will suggest to you a list of the best WordPress speed optimization Plugins that many Websites are using.
You should choose the one that is suitable for your Website and it will make your website faster. The user experience will be better, and your website will rank higher in Google search results.
1. WP Rocket
WP Rocket has nearly 2 million websites orbit and is compatible with Yoast, WPforms, Gravity, Imagify, Slider Revolution, Wordfence, Jetpack, SEOPress, etc.
WP Rocket is the most powerful web performance plugin in the world. It will instantly reduce your load time and boost your Google PageSpeed and Core Web Vitals scores. No coding skills needed.
- Preload links (or using Flying Pages)
- Database cleanup (or use WP-Optimize)
- Lazy load images/videos (or use WP YouTube Lyte)
- Host Google Analytics locally (or use Flying Analytics)
- Prefetch/preconnect (or use Perfmatters or Pre* Party)
- CDN integration (or use CDN Enabler or BunnyCDN’s plugin)
- Heartbeat control (or use Heartbeat Control plugin, or manual)
- Add Font-display:swap to your fonts which “ensures text remains visible during webfont load” in Google PageSpeed Insights (or use Swap Google Fonts Display, or do it manually).
Get 10% off WP Rocket by signing up for their email list on their coupons page. Then check my recommended WP Rocket settings for optimal GTmetrix scores/load times.
LiteSpeed Cache Plugin for WordPress (LSCWP) is an all-in-one Speed Plugin to speed up your website. It uses server caching and has many other special features.
This plugin supports Multisite and is compatible with most other popular Plugins such as Woocommerce Plugin, Yoast SEO Plugin, Bbpress Plugin, etc. The number of downloads and activations of this Plugin has been over 2 million times.
LiteSpeed Cache Plugin Features
This is an all-in-one site acceleration plugin. You can see all the features in the photo below
LiteSpeed Cache Plugin Reviews
Why you should use LiteSpeed Cache Plugin because it has over 2 million downloads and installed along with 1,700 reviews.
The main Asset CleanUp Plugin’s Benefits
Asset CleanUp Plugin Reviews
Autoptimze Plugin Reviews
More than 1 million people have downloaded and installed it, along with more than 1000 5-star reviews for this Plugin.
If you consider performance important, you really should use Autoptimize plugins to do page caching.
Asset CleanUp Plugin scans your page and detects all the assets that are loaded. All you have to do when editing a page/post is just to select the CSS/JS that are not necessary to load, this way reducing the bloat.
The plugin works best in combination with a cache plugin (e.g. WP Rocket, WP Fastest Cache, W3 Total Cache), a hosting company that offers packages with server-level caching available (e.g. WP Engine, Kinsta) or a service like Cloudflare that has page caching enabled.
- Faster and Lighter WordPress Site
- Fewer HTTP Requests
- Increased SEO Ranking
- More Vistor retention
Perfmatters is used by thousands of WordPress sites around the globe, from blogs to agencies and large WooCommerce shops.
Perfmatters removes bloat and unloads unused assets. It was developed by Kinsta and is definitely more user-friendly than Asset CleanUp.
A few notable features include decreasing the autosave interval, limiting post revisions, disabling heartbeat and pingbacks, prefetching + preconnecting fonts and third-party code, and optimizing WooCommerce scripts, styles, and cart fragments. It basically does the last 10% of WordPress speed optimization with features WP Rocket and other cache plugins don’t have.
- Disable emojis, embeds, dashicons
- Disable or limit post revisions
- Change autosave interval
- Disable and tweak Heartbeat API
- Disable comments and URLs
- Disable Google maps
- Disable WooCommerce cart fragments (AJAX
- Disable WooCommerce scripts and styles
- Disable XML-RPC
- Remove jQuery migrate
- Remove WordPress version
- Remove wlwmanifest link
- Remove RSD link
- Remove shortlink
- Disable RSS feeds
- Remove RSS feed links
- Disable password strength meter
- Add blank favicon
- Disable self pingbacks
- Disable REST API
- Remove REST API links
- Disable Google Maps
- Disable Google Fonts
- Disable WooCommerce widgets
- Disable WooCommerce status meta box
RapidLoad removes unused CSS from your site, and It’s also automatic – just install the plugin, head to the RapidLoad tab in Autoptimize settings, and you can see the file size reduction of each page/post. My site worked great after – nothing broke.
Many WordPress themes and plugins load all of their CSS everywhere by default – not just the places you need it. This slows down your website & damages the user experience – Core Web Vitals.
RapidLoad Power Plugin compatible with most other Plugins such as:
- WP Rocket
- LIteSpeed Cache
- Cache Enabler
- W3 Total Cache
- Wp Super Cache
- WP Fastest Cache
- WP Optimize
- Proxy Cache Purge
There are a lot of good reviews from Web Design Experts, WordPress Developers. With Oxygen, you’ll build incredible websites.
- Drag & Drop Editing
Drag element edges to set spacing, or drag & drop to re-order.
Get visual control of every part of your WooCommerce store.
- Header Builder
Create custom website headers visually, including sticky and overlay headers.
- Global Colors
Edit colors in one place. Changes take effect everywhere the color was used.
- Developer Friendly (SEO)
Build with fundamental HTML elements. Write PHP, CSS, and JS live.
- Advanced Functionality
Flexible builder elements. Dynamic data with repeaters and loops. And more.
OMGF can fix font-related errors by downloading all your Google Fonts (using the Google Fonts Helper API) and generating a stylesheet for them. You will need to configure the settings to serve fonts from your CDN and select the folders to save font files to. While some plugins like WP Rocket (kind of) optimize fonts, they don’t host them locally. Self-Hosted Google Fonts is similar. Remember to limit number of font families, weights, and font icons loaded on your site.
- Automatically replace registered/enqueued Google Fonts in wp_head() with local copies,
- Automatically remove registered/enqueued Google Fonts from wp_head(),
- Manage Optimized Google Fonts,
– Preload above the fold fonts,
– Don’t load certain fonts or entire stylesheets.
- Leverage the font-display (swap) option.
ShortPixel Image Optimizer Plugin helps you to compress images or PDF documents on your website.
Both lossy and lossless image compression are available for the most common image types (JPG, PNG, GIF, WebP and AVIF) plus PDF files.
We also offer glossy JPEG compression which is a very high quality lossy optimization algorithm. Specially designed for photographers!
Optimized images mean better user experience – Core Web Vitals, better PageSpeed Insights or GTmetrix results, better Google PageRank and more visitors.
Image Optimization Plugin automatically compresses all types of images. This plugin optimizes your images with best image quality and lower image size to speed up your website and improve user experience – Core web Vitals score.
Optimole – Image Optimization Plugin is the all-in-one solution to all of your image optimization needs.
Let’s install WP-Optimize Plugin, an all-in-one WordPress performance plugin that caches your site, and cleans your database, compresses your images.
After installing and activating WP-Optimize, go to the settings to optimize and start deleting unnecessary things. You will see in the Settings for Optimizations and Tables Tabs.
You can optimize database tables, clean all post revisions, clean all auto-draft posts, remove unapproved comments, remove pingback, etc.
You can see more how to clean your WordPress database to optimize Core Web Vitals
Warning: Items marked with this icon perform more intensive database operations. In very rare cases, if your database server happened to crash or be forcibly powered down at the same time as an optimization operation was running, data might be corrupted. You may wish to run a backup before optimizing.
Query Monitor will find all errors in database queries, PHP errors, hooks and actions, block editor blocks, enqueued scripts and stylesheets, HTTP API calls, and slow loading plugins. Query Monitor can cause high CPU, so make sure you delete it when you’re done.
Swap Google Fonts Display plugin will find all Google Fonts in a webpage and set its font-display to swap
By default browser will wait until the Google Fonts are downloaded to display the font. This is the reason for the error ensure text remains visible during webfont load in Google PageSpeed Insights.
Flying Pages by WP Speed Matters is similar to the “preload links” option in WP Rocket. It is intelligent to make sure preloading doesn’t crash your server or make it slow, and make for a better user experience and optimizes your Core Web Vitals.
- Preload pages in the viewport – Detect links within the viewport (current viewing area) using ‘Intersection Observer’ and tells the browser to preload them using ‘prefetch’, switch to xhr if not available (similar to Quicklink).
- Preload pages on mouse hover – On hovering links, if it’s not preloaded yet using above ‘viewport’, then Flying Pages will prefetch them instantly (similar to Instant.page).
- Limits the number of preloads per second – If your page has too many links, prefetching all at the same time will cause the server to crash or slow down the website to visitors. Flying Pages limits the number of preloads per second (3 req/sec by default) using an in-built queue. For example, if you’ve 10 links in the viewport, preloading all these are span into 4 seconds.
- Stops preloading if the server is busy – In case the server starts to respond slowly or return errors, preloading will be stopped to reduce the server load.
- Understands user’s connection and preferences – Checks if the user is on a slow connection like 2G or has enabled data-saver. Flying Pages won’t preload anything in this case.
When moving your WordPress site to a new domain or server, you will likely run into a need to run a search/replace on the database for everything to work correctly.
For Example: Search/replace www to non-www or http to https.
- Serialization support for all tables
- The ability to select specific tables
- The ability to run a “dry run” to see how many fields will be updated
- No server requirements aside from a running installation of WordPress
- WordPress Multisite support
The GTmetrix WordPress plugin monitors your TTFB ( Time to First Byte), Core Web Vitals ( LCP, CLS, FCP), etc.
Run analyses, schedule reports on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, and receive alerts about the status of your site all from within your WordPress Admin!
From the results of GTmetrix, you need to optimize your load times and PageSpeed + YSlow scores.