WordPress SEO Tutorials: Top 2 plugins create a table of contents in WordPress that supports speed up a WordPress site and effectively search engine optimization for your website.
Creating a table of contents on your Page or Post is essential for your Website.
Your blog with content is designed like a book to help readers access and find the content they need faster. With an article with long content, having a table of contents will make the page load faster, users will easier to find the content they need. . It makes the user experience better and optimally responsive to Core Web Vitals that Google updates 2021
Wikipedia, for example. Moreover, it meets Google’s Search Algorithm and Ranking System and helps your Website to top faster.
You can also create a table of contents right in the editor on WordPress, but it takes a lot of time and complexity. That’s why in this article I will introduce to you these 2 great Plugins.
Easy Table of Contents Plugin is a user-friendly, featured-focused plugin that allows you to insert a table of contents into your posts, pages, and custom post types.
1.1 Features of ” Easy Table of Contents” WordPress Plugin.
- Automatically generate a table of contents for your posts, pages, and custom post types by parsing its contents for headers.
- Supports the tag.
- Supports the Rank Math plugin.
- Works with the Classic Editor, Gutenberg, Divi, Elementor, WPBakery Page Builder, and Visual Composer page editors.
- Optionally enable for pages and/or posts. Custom post types are supported, as long as their content is output with the the_content() template tag.
- Optionally auto-insert the table of contents into the page, selectable by enabled post type.
- Provides many easy-to-understand options to configure when and where to insert the table of contents.
- Many options are available to configure how the inserted table of contents appears which include several built-in themes. If the supplied themes do no meet your needs, you can create your own by choosing your own colors for the border, background, and link color.
- Multiple counter bullet formats to choose from; none, decimal, numeric and roman.
- Choose to display the table of contents hierarchical or not. This means headings of lower priority will be nested under headings of higher priority.
- Users can optionally hide the table of contents. You have full control of this feature. It can be disabled and you can choose to have it hidden by default.
- Supports smooth scrolling.
- Selectively enable or disable the table of contents on a post-by-post basis.
- Choose which headings are used to generate the table of contents. This too can be set on a post-by-post basis.
- Easily exclude headers globally and on a post-by-post basis.
If you rather not insert the table of contents in the post content, you can use the supplied widget and place the table of contents in your theme’s sidebar.
- The widgets support being affixed or stuck on the page so it is always visible as you scroll down the page. NOTE: this is an advanced option since every theme is different, you might need support from your theme developer to learn the correct item selector to use in the settings to enable this feature.
- The widget auto highlights the sections currently visible on the page. The highlight color is configurable.
- The developer is friendly with many action hooks and filters available. More can be added by request on Github. Pull requests are welcomed.
1.2 How to Install Settings ” Easy Table of Contents” WordPress Plugin.
First, On the dashboard => plugins => add new and type keyword “Easy Table of Contents“, => install and activate it.
1.3 How ” Easy Table of Contents” WordPress Plugin works.
Please select the content line and format it according to the hierarchy from h1 to h6 (depending on you). It is done.
In addition, if you want to place the position of that table of contents, you just need to leave [TOC] in that position and you’re done.
1.4 Reviews about the Easy Table of Contents plugin.
There are many good reviews about the Easy Table of Contents plugin.
2.1 Features of ” Table of Contents Plus” WordPress Plugin.
2.2 How to Install Settings ” Table of Contents Plus” WordPress Plugin.
2.3 How ” Table of Contents Plus” WordPress Plugin works.
2.4 Reviews about the Table of Contents Plus WordPress plugin.
There are many good reviews about the Table of Contents Plus WordPress plugin.
Creating a table of contents using WordPress plugins is very simple, which is essential for improving user experience and increasing search engine visibility.
You should use these plugins so that your visitors can find the content they want to get in your posts quickly.